Thursday, July 14, 2011

Love Will Never Get Its Justice.

Love.
noun:verb

-noun
(01) a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

(02) a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
(03) sexual passion or desire.
(04) a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.


(09) affectionate concern for the well-being of others.
(10) strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything.


-verb
(15) to have love or affection for.
(16) to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
(17) to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in.
(18) to need or require; benefit greatly from
(19) to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.


(21) to have love or affection for another person, be in love.
(22) love up, to hug and cuddle.


(25) in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion.


Webster doesn't do the word justice.


As of tomorrow, five years ago, I vowed to love a man forever and a day. Every morning, since then, I wake up and still find myself in disbelief of all that I have found. Of all that has found me. Within each of those one thousand eight hundred and twenty five days, I've learnt Webster was probably at a loss for words as he stumbled upon the word "love" while writing the dictionary. Love is far more then any affection, desire, enthusiasm, or concern. It goes far beyond having, or needing a certain individual.

A lot of times, I find, that when I'm talking about how much I truly love my husband, it all sounds so cliche. So scripted.

There are so many things that could be said about love/how we love someone, but like Webster, our words will never do justice. I've erased every letter typed in this post more times then I can count because letters forming words attempting to describe such a feeling seem far too petty. It's a feeling I would "love" to write about, but feel I fall short on every attempt.

I feel, often, that there is no way my husband can know exactly how it is that I feel about him. But alas, the same probably goes the other way around.

It's been half a decade and simply looking at him still makes my heart melt within my chest and scatters goosebumps all over my skin. Not every day has been a party. Not every moment is easy. Sometimes, we can't even catch a break. But the mere fact is that we're still tightly gripping each others hand through and after it all... that is love. There are so many things that could be "better", but I'm SO grateful we started off the way we did, because it means nothing will pry us apart. Webster forgot to mention that love makes the difficult times and moments in life worth living through.

Honestly? I don't ever want it to be too easy. When it's easy, you stop trying. I never want to stop trying. Not ever. And I LOVE that I found the person who tells me when I'm beginning to.




Dempsey&Tina Hernandez
07.15.06-forever

3 comments:

  1. SOOoO glad to read you again after so long! And congratulations on knowing yourSelf well enough to chose the right man for you. I am soO happy for you both! Thank you for sharing, beautiful Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I could get into it too, but you know... Words are weak.

    ILY,
    Dempsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Here's to many, many more years of love.

    ReplyDelete