Thursday, July 21, 2011

To Procrastinate... Or Not To Procrastinate.

...Should it even be a question??

I don't know what it is, sometimes it seems as though forces of the unknown do everything they can do to keep me from writing. I LOVE writing, but often find myself not doing it. ...I know part of it, is that I have four kids. ...And maybe another part, is the list of multiple other things I enjoy doing. Either way... unfortunately, I don't write enough.

It's sad. A shame, really. I have SO many ideas! SO many possibilities are within my fingertips. SO many adventures are waiting to burst out in ink and run and dance across some pages. ANY pages. I think they'll even settle for a napkin if I'd let them. If I would just stop and let them. If I would just stop making excuses.

I have a poetry book I've been attempting to write forever now. Maybe I feel like I just don't know how to go about it. And I have not one, but a series of ideas for children's books I'd love to do. ...But maybe I feel like sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing. To pick up a pen and write is so easy. However, for a stranger to pick up what you've written and love it... that's a different story.

I hate procrastination. If anything... I hate, hate procrastination. It prevents you from accomplishing your goals and "reaching for the stars". It sucks you down. Down, down, down into nothing. Sucked into 'whatever'. I think the one thing I hate more then procrastination is that I'm a victim of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment